HOW DOES YOUR BRA MEASURE UP?
Did you know that 60-80% of women wear the wrong size bra - are you one of these women? Life and body changes like weight loss or gain, pregnancy and breast feeding are just a few of the factors that may change your breast shape and size.
Did you also know that:
- There are two essential pieces of equipment for women: 1. Sports Bras 2. Shoes;
- Women should be fit for a bra at least once a year;
- The average life span of a sports bra is 6-12 months; and
- Not all bras are created equal. There are three main categories of bras - compression, compression/encapsulated & complete encapsulation. Getting fit properly will help you to determine which type is best for you.
WHAT MAKES A GOOD SPORTS BRA?
A good sports bra provides superior breast support, comfort and moisture management. Consider the following information when shopping for your next running/walking bra:
- Does your bra minimize breast movement in one of two ways: 1) By compression - where the breasts are held against the chest wall to limit motion; or 2) By encapsulation - where the bra is engineered to surround and support the breasts?
- Is your bra proportioned and contoured to minimize chafing - meaning the straps don't dig into your shoulders, the band around the lower chest doesn't shift or bind, and threads are soft and plush to minimize skin irritation?
- Is your bra made from materials that manage moisture allowing the bra to wick, breathe and act as a quick-drying product?
Fleet Feet Sports - Montclair is your Sports Bra Headquarters. Our staff will assist you in finding the right bra and the right F.I.T. for your needs.