Choosing a sock that works for your feet and your activity level is a critical component of Fleet Feet Sports’ FITLOSOPHY. Consider the fact that your sock is the layer of material that sits directly next to your skin and is intended to comfort and protect your feet. So, why not pick a pair that F.I.T.s the best on your feet?
At Fleet Feet Sports we recommend that you wear a non-cotton, breathable sock for running, walking or other fitness activities. Here are the Top 5 Reasons why we make this recommendation:
5. At rest, the average foot releases _ cup of sweat each day.
4. On a 5 mile run, your feet produce enough sweat to fill an 8 ounce glass.
3. 55% of foot perspiration evaporates through the shoe’s upper. The other 45% is absorbed in the sock and footbed of your shoe!
2. Two trillion bacteria live on your feet (that’s 12% of all bacteria on the human body).
1. The naked foot temperature is 94 degrees. The non-active foot in a shoe has a temperature of 105-125 degrees. This temperature increases with activity level.
At Fleet Feet Sports we offer a wide selection of socks including: Balega, Smartwool,Thorlo,Wigwam,Experia and Nike brand socks. Balega has a brand of socks that work well for diabetics, folks with circulatory problems and folks with sensitive feet.