Fleet Feet Montclair Proudly Presents the
SECOND ANNUAL MIDLAND AVENUE MILE!
August 20, 2017 | Sunday, 5:00 pm
USATF-NJ MASTERS & OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP EVENT
Tree lined, newly paved, flanked by historic homes with great front porches, Midland Avenue is the center of Montclair, New Jersey. The urban-suburban town was named one of three 2015 winners of the National Main Street Center's Great American Main Street Award. What better way to get acquainted with one of America's most walkable, attractive downtowns with a lively arts, shopping and restaurant scene than to join our ONE MILE RUN? With multiple divisions and a summer block party atmosphere this event is for everyone!
Join the after party! New Jersey Beer Company is providing beer!
The one mile, slight upgrade, point-to-point straight-away route with NO TURNS is perfect for elite runners, joggers, walkers and the family stroller.
MULIPLE RACE DIVISIONS & AWARDS
The family that runs together...has fun together! This category is perfect for active families who want to experience the race together. Perfect for runners with strollers! All members must register individually.*
- Kids 12 and under receive a registration discount.
Perfect for the recreational runner! Register and see just how fast you can run this 1 mile course.*
- Prizes will be awarded to the Top 3 Overall Men & Women plus Age Group Awards.
This category is reserved for competitive milers age 40 and over.* This is a USATF-NJ Championship race.
- Prizes will be awarded to the Top 5 Overall USATF-NJ Men & Women. (age graded for Masters only) $150, $125, $100, $75, $50 respectively
AWARD PRESENTATION to begin at approximately 6:30 PM - Near the finish line and post-race festivities
*All divisions are eligible for overall age group prizes.
- ON-LINE REGISTRATION available through August 17th
- IN-STORE RACE REGISTRATION available during Packet Pick Up Only (See packet pick-up details below.)
- Race Day REGISTRATION will be available at FLEET FEET SPORTS:
Sunday - 1:30pm to 4:00pm
- ENTRY FEES
- $25 per entrant
- $15 Kids 12 and under
- $22 USATF Member - Member number MUST be provided.
- $30 Race Day
- POST RACE FESTIVITIES near finish line...
- FOOD ~ ENTERTAINMENT ~ RAFFLES ~ BEER PROVIDED BY NJ BEER COMPANY
- SAUCONY TENT....visit our SPONSOR!
- RACE TEE-SHIRT guaranteed for first 800 registrants!
- and much more...we've only just begun!!!
- AVAILABLE AT FLEET FEET MONTCLAIR
- FRIDAY, AUGUST 18, 2017, 3:00 PM TO 8:00 PM
- SATURDAY, AUGUST 19, 2017, 10:00 AM TO 4:45 PM
- SUNDAY, AUGUST 20, 2017 RACE DAY
- @ Fleet Feet, 2:30 PM to 4:30 PM
- IMPORTANT: The start near Watchung Park is 1 mile away from the Fleet Feet store and packet pick-up area
We are proud to join in partnership with a growing list of sponsors who care deeply about the health and wellness of our community. If you would like join our team of amazing sponsors, CLICK HERE FOR INFORMATION ON MIDLAND AVENUE MILE SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES.
Drs. Joseph Mason III & Daniel Leitman
Join the fun. If you would like to volunteer fill out our MIDLAND AVENUE MILE VOLUNTEER FORM and we'll get back to you with specific information!
TRANSPORTATION, PARKING, STREET CLOSURE
We highly encourage carpooling or bicycling to the event. Since the course is point-to-point, parking mid-route is logical. You'll have a short warm-up walk to the start and an evening stroll after the post-race festivities. Remember that Midland Avenue will be closed to traffic from Bloomfield Avenue to Watchung Avenue for approximately 4 hours.
Street Closures and Resident Parking: "No Parking Zones" along the course will be enforced beginning Sunday, August 20th, at a specified time TBA. Please look for "NO Parking " signs in your area for full details. Neighborhood residents will be notified of street closures along the route a few days prior to the event. City streets will re-open promptly as the final runners pass through. The Montclair Police Department will be responsible for closing and re-opening streets. They will do so in a manner ensuring runner and spectator safety. Please follow their instructions when approaching streets on the course. Please do NOT attempt to block the race course at any time.
The Midland Avenue Mile will take place rain or shine. If cancellation of the event is warranted due to dangerous weather conditions, announcements will be made race day at the race site. The event will not be canceled in advance. All decisions regarding cancellation will be made on site, race day.
EVENT CONTACT INFORMATION
Questions? Contact Loren McCreesh at firstname.lastname@example.org or Paul Giuliano at email@example.com