Have you always wanted to run or walk a 5K but didn't know how to begin training? Maybe you are nervous or don't want to do it alone? Maybe you have had a hard time sticking to a training program in the past? If you answered "Yes" to any (or all!) of the above, our iconic beginner program is perfect for you. There is no time like the present to get up on your feet, start moving, and become a new and improved you! Training starts with 1 mile and builds up to 3 miles. In just 10 weeks, our fun, unintimidating training program will take you across the late June finish line at the Fitzgerald Lager Run.
We’re adding a NEW component to our tried-and-true 10 week beginner program. For those who have completed a No Boundaries program or have some recent running experience, you will be encouraged to try to reduce your run/walk intervals or even challenge yourself to run the entire distance. No worries if you need to walk some - our goal is to help you go a little further and feel a little stronger each week.
We’ve built in a second coached training session per week for those choosing the "FAST" training format. In addition to Saturday, 8:00am training sessions, the "FAST participants will meet on Wednesdays from 6:30 to 7:30pm at Edgemont Park.
KICKOFF INFO MEETING FOR ALL NOBO Finish & Fast Participants
- Main branch of Montclair Public Library
- WEDNESDAY, April 10, 2019, 6:30 to 7:30pm
- Fleet Feet & Montclair Public Library have collaborated to offer the community the Spring No Boundaries Training Program since 2008.
- Fitzgerald's Lager Run 5K, Glen Ridge, NJ, Sunday, June, 2019 TBA (Race registration is not included in program registration)
- Written beginner training schedule
- Once a week coached group training sessions
- Exclusive shopping specials at Fleet Feet Sports, Montclair
- $10 Fleet Feet Reward Bucks
- Seminars covering good form running, strength training, injury prevention and more
- Weekly informational e-mail updates and training information
- Dry run of race course prior to event
- Tech shirt
- End of program celebration
Registration is now OPEN through the Adult School of Montclair