HALF MARATHON TRAINING PROGRAM
CELEBRATE THE LONGGGGG RUN!
The 10-week Half Marathon Training Program prepares runners for their first endurance event and helps seasoned racers meet a new performance goal. Get ready to be trained, educated, and moved to successfully and comfortably cross the 13.1 mile finish line. Training will start with a distance of 3 to 4 miles and build up over the course of the program.
This year's fall half class is unique and special! Fleet Feet Montclair opened our doors on November 1st, 1987! We are celebrating the LONGGGG RUN! We're renting a bus to take class participants to and from the goal race & throwing a celebration post race picnic at Washington Crossing Historic State Park!
Fleet Feet's 2017 Fall Half Marathon Training gears you up for the DELAWARE CANAL HALF MARATHON in Washington Crossing, PA, part of the Bucks County Marathon Series.
Race Day: Saturday, November 11, 2017
WORKOUT TIMES | LOCATIONS
Training Months September - October
- Kick Off Info Meeting:
- Tuesday, August 29th - 7:00pm, Fleet Feet Montclair
- Class will NOT BE HELD on Labor Day weekend, Saturday, September 2nd.
- First Interval Training for Registered Participants:
- Tuesday, September 5th, 6:30pm, Fleet Feet Montclair
Two Weekly Training Sessions
- Short Runs & Interval Training
- Tuesdays, 6:30pm, Fleet Feet Montclair
- Longer Training Runs
- Saturdays, 8:00am, Fleet Feet Montclair
- Written beginner and intermediate training schedules
- Coached group training sessions
- Special shopping opportunities
- Educational seminars covering nutrition and injury prevention
- Technical training shirt
- Energy replacement and water at workouts
- Weekly informational e-mail updates and training information
- Private Facebook page
- Race day transportation
- Private race day Fleet Feet port-a-john (if we meet minimum runner requirement)
- Post-race picnic at Washington Crossing Historic Park immediately following race
- Race day support
SUGGESTED ACTIVITY LEVEL PRIOR TO START OF TRAINING
All participants should be consistently running three miles comfortably 3-4 days per week for 3 months prior to training kickoff
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN
QUESTIONS? Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Cost: $210.00*
- *PROGRAM FEE DOES NOT INCLUDE RACE REGISTRATION
- *$25 bus Transportation fee included in program registration price. Bathroom on bus.
- No refunds after program start date
IMPORTANT RACE DETAILS
- Delaware Canal Half Marathon - Saturday, November 11th, Washington Crossing, PA at 10:00am (approx. 90 minutes from Fleet Feet)
- EARLY RACE REGISTRATION FEE - $72 by MAY 12, 2017 (NOT INCLUDED IN PROGRAM COST)
- We understand that Race Registration increases after May 12, 2017. However, a rolling registration continues to be open at an increased price after May 12, 2017.
- Fleet Feet is still working out details with the Race Director and will pass any additional saving we may secure on to the participants.
- Race Day Packet Pick-up at 9:00am.
What Participants Are Saying
"First of all, thanks for coming out to support us on race day. It was really encouraging to see you cheering us on. I really needed it on the last mile too. Secondly, thanks for the past few months. This program was pretty much exactly what I was hoping for. I'm so glad I joined. You guys did a great job. I loved your enthusiasm." - Brian L. 2013 Fall Half Marathon Participant
"Thanks for another great training program. I did well by my personal standards. I am finally below the 11 minute mile mark! Thank you again for your programs. You guys are awesome coaches. I can't believe I have improved from a 12:48 minute mile when I ran the Long Branch half marathon in 2012 before joining the half marathon training program that fall for Philly half marathon where I ran 11:21 minute miles. Then, I joined the spring half marathon training program, 2 speed training programs, and this fall half marathon training program. My pace dropped to 11:13 minute per mile at the Staten Island half marathon and then 10:49 at Trenton! This may be slow for my age level but my legs have become stronger. I am proud to say I am 44 and a mother of 2 boys and was never a runner." - Doinks, 2013 Fall Half Marathon Training Program
"I never thought I would run a half marathon. Never. I was "satisfied with running 3 miles each time I went out. Then one day I had a friend who talked me into doing a half marathon. I had no clue how I was going to do it until I saw a flyer for this training program at Fleet Feet. I didn't know a soul when I started but by the time I was done I came away with a great group of friends, tons of knowledge, and the ability to RUN 13.1 MILES WITHOUT STOPPING!! Definitely worth it. Thanks Fleet Feet!!!" - Tanya Marks, 2011 Spring Half Marathon Training