Run Stronger Longer
A Beginner's Guide to the Marathon
July through November 2015
REGISTRATION will be available early summer. Please follow us on Facebook or sign up for our newsletter to find out when the next class and other training programs become available.
Are you looking to take the next step in your running journey and train for your first marathon? Or seeking the tools that will get you to the finish line feeling good and strong? Then this 16-week program is for you!
AS A REGISTERED PARTICIPANT YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- A 16-week training schedule
- Four coached and vendor-supported long runs
- Monthly meetings and clinics with coaches and local professionals
- Long sleeve tech shirt
- Fleet Feet Gift Card
- Sundays at 7:00 a.m. for the four supported long runs from Fleet Feet Montclair
- Mondays at 8:00 p.m. for the monthly meetings and clinics at Fleet Feet Montclair
DATES FOR SUPPORTED RUNS* AND MONTHLY CLINICS*
2015 Supported Runs TBD
Monthly Clinics and Topics
- Marathon Nutrition
- Training Healthy, Stay Healthy
- Importance of Rest and Recovery
- Getting and Staying Motivated
- Race Day Strategy
* dates and clinic topics subject to change
SUGGESTED ACTIVITY LEVEL PRIOR TO START OF TRAINING
All participants should:
- be consistently running three to four times per week for three months prior to the start date
- be capable of running eight miles comfortably
- have completed at least one half marathon in the last 12 months
Registration will close approximately one week prior to the first training or when maximum capacity of 40 participants has been reached.
KICKOFF FOR REGISTERED PARTICIPANTS
The program will kick-off approximately one week prior to the start of the program. Specific information will be reviewed and you will have an opportunity to meet training partners. Get ready for an incredible journey!