September 25 - December 11, 2016
Are you about to face the rigorous demands of the Police Academy? As a public safety worker (firefighter, marshal, correctional or security officer, etc.) are you looking to maintain or improve your strength, conditioning, overall fitness and get back into Academy shape?
Fleet Feet Montclair and strength and conditioning experts Krank Systems Gym of Nutley have teamed up to bring you an innovative 12 Week Academy Readiness Program. Using law enforcement academy readiness standards, we will assist you in preparing for success in Academy training and to meet the essential physical demands of public safety officers.
- Up to 4 weekly strength & conditioning workouts per week
- Guided 5k running program
- Weekly group running workouts
- Motivational emails and videos
- Educational webinars include and are not limited to
- Injury Prevention
- Running Basics
- Best Foam Rolling Techniques
- Special offers & discounts at Fleet Feet Sports!
KICK-OFF MEETING & PRELIMINARY TEST-OUT (includes 1.5 mile run)
COMPLETION DATE & FINAL TEST-OUT (includes 3.1 mile run)
- *Sunday, September 25th, 10:00 am at Krank Systems Gym, 55 Washington Avenue, Nutley
- *Sunday, December 11th, 10:00 am at Krank Systems
*Test out dates are crucial for coaches and participants to measure growth and improvement.
- Strength & Conditioning workouts up to 4 times weekly at Krank Systems
- Choose up to 4 workouts from the following preset timeframes:
- Mondays - 10:00 am, 6:45 pm or 8:00 pm
- Wednesdays - 10:00 am, 6:45 pm or 8:00 pm
- Fridays - 10:00 am, 6:45 pm or 8:00 pm
- Saturdays - 8:00 am, 9:00 am or 10:00 am
- Running Workout Thursdays at 6:30 pm - Brookdale Park, Bloomfield
- Sunday, October 9, 9:00 am - 11:00 am - Group Run & Nutrition Seminar at Krank
- First we'll meet with Fleet Feet coaches for a group run. We'll return to Krank Systems for a comprehensive nutrition seminar on the importance of proper food intake as it relates to fueling our workouts, recovery and maintaining a healthy weight.
- Sunday, October 30, 9:00 am - Mischief Mayhem Obstacle Endurance Event at Brookdale Park
- Using the park's fitness trail, BlueFit coaches will challenge participants to progress through different physical fitness stations testing their strength and running ability.
As you begin this new journey, it’s important to have a healthy baseline to give you the best chance of success. The last thing you want is to be sidelined shortly after you begin the program. If you've been experiencing pain, injury or weakness, then now is the best time to address it.
As Doctors of Physical Therapy, Iron Physical Therapy staffers are experts in movement who can diagnose pain, address weakness and help you prevent injury. Iron Physical Therapy is offering you a FREE, 15-minute screening to identify any issues that may be problematic during your upcoming training program. If recommended, we can outline modifications and suggest specific exercises to address your unique needs. We look forward to keeping you “IRON” strong!!
For any questions about the program, please contact
Coach Loren McCreesh: 973-509-9707 email@example.com
Coach Pete Isip: 973-320-2600 firstname.lastname@example.org
BlueFit: Academy Readiness Program More Info »
Kick-Off meeting & Baseline Assessment Sunday, September 25, 10:00 am
Thursday night weekly group runs, 6:30; and up to 4 opportunities per week to strength train
Fleet Feet Montclair is partnering with strength & conditioning gym, Krank Systems Gym, Nutley, to offer a 10-week program to public safety employees who want to be ready for the rigors of the Police Academy and/or physical challenges demanded of their unique occupation (firefighter, marshal, correctional or security officer, etc.).