Train for a 15K whether it's your first attempt at this distance or you've got a goal to increase your speed for 9.3 miles! Ten weeks of training will take us out of winter and right into spring.
Our optional goal race is the Clinton Township Country 15K Run on April 27, 2019. If you run a 15K, you can expect to train longer and to train differently than if you were running a shorter distance. Running a 15K is very similar to running a half marathon, which takes more time and training for you to be properly conditioned. It is a fun step beyond the 10k distance.
15K Goal Event
Fleet Feet's 15K training gears up for the Clinton Township Country 15k Run in Clinton, NJ.
- Saturday, April 27th, 9:00am
- Bundt Park, Clinton Township
Kick Off Info Meeting
- Monday, February 4th, 7:00 pm at Fleet Feet
Workout Times | Locations
- Saturdays, 7:30am, long run sessions at Fleet Feet
- First session: February 16, 2019
- Tuesdays, 6:30 pm, at Brookdale Park - tempo runs, hill and speed works
- First session: February 19, 2019
Suggested Level Prior to Start of Program
We strongly suggest that all participants be consistently running 3-4 miles comfortably 3-4 times per week for at least a 3-month consecutive period prior to training kickoff.
Please note that entering the program under conditioned may increase the likelihood of injury. Our goal is to get you to the starting line feeling heathy and ready to conquer your goal.
- Coaches will help you find the pace that best suits your comfort level.
- Training schedule
- Coached training sessions
- Educational seminars
- Nutrition; Monday, March 11, 7:00 pm
- Foam Rolling & Recovery; TBA
- Weekly informational e-mails
- Fleet Feet Running Club Swag
- 10% discount on all in-store purchases during program
- Special recovery package offers at Beyond Cryotherapy
- Cost - $160
- NOTE: Program fee does not include race registration. No refunds after program start date.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE USE OF HEADPHONES IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED DURING ALL FLEET FEET ORGANIZED GROUP RUN SESSIONS!
Go the Distance - 15K Training Program More Info »
Kick-Off Meeting - Monday, February 4th, 7pm @ Fleet Feet; first Saturday Group Session - February 16th, 7:30am @ Fleet Feet; first Tuesday Interval Training Session - February 19th, 6:30pm @ Fleet Feet
February 16 thru April 23: Saturdays, 7:30am; Tuesdays, 6:30pm
Clinton Township Country 15K Run
$160 (does not include race entry registration fee)
Train for a 15K whether it is your first or if you want to increase your speed at the 15K distance! For 10 weeks we'll meet twice a week and move together from winter into spring. We've got a new training option as well. If you are interested you can register for the Progression Package option and roll right into the Spring Half Marathon program once the 15K program is complete.