YOU Can DO 26.2!
Running a marathon this fall? Whether you are running Chicago, Marine Corp, Wine Glass, Mohawk Hudson, New York or Philly (or anything in between) we are here to support you as you work towards your endurance goals!
Our free support program includes various nutrition seminars including Fueling Your Workouts and Best Nutrition Practices for Race Day; foam rolling and injury prevention clinics; plantar fasciitis clinic and our long supported run series.
Our experienced and motivating coaches (70 combined marathon finishes - including Boston, and over 150+ years running experience) will lead the charge and are always here for guidance and questions along the way.
Choose from the below menu to let us know what you'd like to participate in!
LECTURES | WORKSHOPS | CLINICS
- Marathon Nutrition Series presented by Laura Peiffer, Health Coach & Runner - Dates TBD @ Fleet Feet Sports
- 2-part nutrition series including Training Nutrition & Hydration | Race Day Nutrition
- Strengthening Clinic presented by Loren McCreesh, Fleet Feet Running Coach - Sunday, September 24th, 9-10am @ Fleet Feet Sports
- Learn to listen to important body ques to avoid injury, strengthen hips and more!
- Tips on getting to the starting line healthy and ready to go!
- Injury Prevention Clinic presented by Dr. Matthew Mandel, Professional Physical Therapy- Thursday, September 21st, 7:30pm @ Fleet Feet Sports
- Review common running injuries and how to prevent them
- Plantar Fasciitis Clinic presented by Dr. Owen Lennon, Professional Physical Therapy - Date TBD @ Fleet Feet Sports
- Learn how to manage one of the most common running injuries
- Review symptoms and early signs
- How to get relief
- What to do so it doesn't return
- Foam Rolling Clinic presented by Dr. Marissa Valle, Professional Physical Therapy - Date TBD @ Professional PT, Bloomfield Avenue, Montclair Office
- Learn the proper way to roll out for maximum muscle recovery
- Long Supported Runs leaving Fleet Feet
- Sundays: September 17th, October 1st and October 15th, at 7:00am
- 2 aid stations along marked route
- Professional Physical Therapy will be on site to stretch and trouble shoot any issues.
- Weekly Fun Runs leaving Fleet Feet (optional)
- Thursdays, 6:00 pm (3-6 miles)
- Sundays, 7:00 am (8+ miles)
Program Start: Throughout Fall Season
Program Schedule: See details on webpage
Program Fee: Free
Description: Perfect for the busy marathon trainee who is registered for a fall endurance event and is looking for support & guidance along the training journey. Support series includes training opportunities along with lectures and workshops. Free to participate. RSVP is required for each lecture, clinic and workshop.