YOU Can DO 26.2!
...is a 16-week marathon support series for runners who are preparing for a fall marathon. Participants choose their marathon (i.e. NYC, Bucks County, Philly etc.) with a late October, early November time frame. Our experienced and motivating coaches (70 combined marathon finishes - including Boston, and over 150+ years running experience) will guide participants through successful training schedules and plans to maximize individual success. The support series will include group runs, educational workshops (i.e. nutrition, injury prevention, etc.), speed training series, educational / motivational e-mails, a technical t-shirt and more! Whether you are training for a first ever endurance event or you are a seasoned runner setting a new performance goal YOU CAN DO 26.2 Marathon Training Series will meet your needs.
PICK YOUR FAVORITE RACE!
YOU Can DO 26.2! prepares you for a fall marathon distance event.
WORKOUT & WORKSHOP TIMES | LOCATIONS
- Educational Workshops / Meetings at Fleet Feet
- Training Plan Review Session - CANCELLED!
- We'll review a Beginner and Intermediate schedule
- Come with your questions and we'll help with modifications and adjustments as needed.
- Marathon Nutrition Series- Dates TBD
- 2-part nutrition series including Training Nutrition & Hydration | Race Day Nutrition
- Injury Prevention & Strengthening Clinic- September Date TBD
- Learn to listen to important body ques to avoid injury, strengthen hips and more!
- Tips on getting to the starting line healthy and ready to go!
- Race Day Prep Meeting - Tuesday, October 24th at 7:00pm
- Foam Rolling Clinic at Professional Physical Therapy at Bloomfield Avenue, Montclair Office
- Date TBD
- Learn the proper way to roll out for maximize muscle recovery.
- Long Supported Runs leaving Fleet Feet
- Sundays: September 17th, October 1st and October 15th, at 7:00am
- 2 aid stations along marked route
- Professional Physical Therapy will be on site to stretch and trouble shoot any issues.
- Speed Training Series at Brookdale Park
- Tuesdays: September 5th, 12th, 19th and 26th at 7:00pm
- Work with experienced coach to learn how speed can improve your endurance running
- Focus on different speed disciplines each week, i.e. Hill Workout, Tempo Run and Fartlek Workout
- Weekly Fun Runs leaving Fleet Feet (optional)
- Thursdays, 6:00 pm (3-6 miles)
- Sundays, 7:00 am (8+ miles)
- Proven marathon training schedule for beginner and intermediate
- Scheduled supported long runs (coach supported)
- Special discounts and shopping opportunities
- Educational seminars covering nutrition, hydration, race preparation, rest/recovery, injury prevention and more!
- Technical long sleeve shirt
- Speed clinic
- Private Facebook page
- Educational / motivational e-mails
- Camaraderie of a group
- Nutrition guidance
- Email communications to experienced coaches
SUGGESTED ACTIVITY LEVEL PRIOR TO START OF TRAINING
Participants should be able to comfortably run 8 miles at a pace of 13-minute per mile or less.
Note: No refunds after the kick-off meeting. There are no exchanges or transfers at any time. Please note program registration does NOT include race registration fee.
- $150 - Incredible Value!
- Registering for your goal event (i.e. Philly, NYC, Bucks County, etc.) is NOT included in Fleet Feet's program cost. Registering for your goal event is the responsibility of each participant.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
"The Fleet Feet Marathon Training Program far exceeded my expectations and greatly improved my ability to train for and successfully run my first marathon. The coaches are all accomplished and enthusiastic runners and the lecturers are all professionals in their fields. Fleet Feet generates such a strong sense of community and friendship within the local running populace. You will not be disappointed by this program." - Matt Repoli (2014 participant)
Monday, July 17th
See details on webpage
Perfect for the busy marathon trainee who is registered for a fall endurance event and is looking for support & guidance along the training journey. This 16-week support guide will include a sample training schedule for both beginner and intermediate levels, private Facebook page & educational / motivational e-mails, educational workshops, three supported long runs, a coupon booklet and more!
This program targets those who are running a Fall marathon race sometime between the end of October / early November.