LOOKING FOR A NEW CHALLENGE?
Let's Raise Our Game! With a Strong Mind and Body Anything is Possible.
Fleet Feet Montclair and Intrepid Gym are partnering once again to bring you a unique and exciting opportunity! Our obstacle training program consists of running, skill practice, and functional conditioning. This includes experience with wall climbs, rope climbs, spear throw, and much more. We will train you to run faster and successfully complete any obstacle.
Our 8-week spring program will meet twice weekly with guided workouts, educational workshops, a training schedule and group "test-out" events.
GOAL RACE: June 1, 2019 - Compete as TEAM FEARLESS at the TRI-STATE NEW YORK SPARTAN SPRINT Tuxedo, New York (4-ish miles + approx. 20 obstacles) Please Note: Spartan Sprint Registration is NOT included in Fleet Feet's program fee. We'll send TEAM FEARLESS participants race & registration info - with potential for a group registration rate and guaranteed "same wave" starting time.
Info Meeting: Monday, March 25th, 7:00 pm @ Fleet Feet
- Meet the Coach & Mentor Team
- Discuss program format, special event dates, race day logistics & more
- Hear testimonials & inspirational "Spartan" stories
TRAINING DATES April 6th thru May 29th, 2019
- TWO COACHED WORKOUTS EACH WEEK
- Wednesdays, 6:15pm to 7:00pm at Intrepid Gym, 8 Hartley Street, Montclair
- Saturdays, 8:00am at different local area locations
- to get more physically fit, step outside of your comfort zone and get mentally stronger!
- Experienced coaches to prepare you for the mental and physical challenges of an obstacle course race
- Obstacle specific training, including rope & wall climbs, spear throwing, atlas stone carries, monkey bars, and more!
- Training schedule includes at-home strength workouts with minimal equipment
- 10% discount on in-store purchases throughout duration of training program
- Improved overall fitness
- IRON Physical Therapy Screening and Clinic:
- Functional Movement Screening: Gain understanding of your own muscular strengths & needs
- Injury Prevention Clinic for strength training
- Nutrition Clinic
- E-mail support from coaching staff
- Fleet Feet Running Club swag
- Participants get the unique experience to compete as a Team at the Spartan Race
SUGGESTED ACTIVITY LEVEL PRIOR TO START OF TRAINING
- Run/Walk 30 minutes, 3-4 times a week
- Lift 20 lbs
- Medical clearance strongly recommended, especially if you have previous or current injuries/conditions
- Cost: $235 (Program registration includes round-trip bus transportation to Spartan Race)
- Registration fee does not include race entry fee; Register for the Spartan Race by joining "Team Fearless." Info regarding team sign-up will be sent once course registration fee is paid.
- For those 18 years or older (age 14-17 with parent participation)
- There are no exchanges, refunds, or transfers at any time
- 25 person class size limit
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE USE OF HEADPHONES IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED DURING ALL FLEET FEET ORGANIZED GROUP RUN SESSIONS.
Obstacle Course Race Training More Info »
Info / Kick Off Mtg. - Monday, March 25th, 7:00pm @ Fleet Feet; First Training Session: Saturday, April 6, 2019
Twice weekly workouts: Wednesdays, 6:15pm @ Intrepid Gym); Saturdays, 8:00am @ various locations
Tri-State New York Sprint Spartan, Tuxedo, NY
$235 (does not include race registration but DOES include round-trip bus transportation to Spartan race with snacks)
8-week training program geared towards a sprint-distance Spartan obstacle course race. Training consists of running, skill practice and functional training.