LOOKING FOR A NEW CHALLENGE?
Let's Raise Our Game! With a Strong Mind and Body Anything is Possible.
CLASS IS FULL!
Fleet Feet Sports Montclair and Intrepid Gym have partnered to bring you a unique and exciting opportunity! Our obstacle training program consists of running, skill practice, and functional conditioning. This includes experience with wall climbs, rope climbs, spear throw, and much more. We will train you to run faster and successfully complete any obstacle.
Our 8-week inaugural spring program will meet twice weekly with guided workouts, educational workshops, a training schedule and group "test-out" events.
GOAL RACE: June 2, 2018 - Compete as TEAM FEARLESS at the TRI-STATE NEW YORK SPARTAN SPRINT Tuxedo, New York (5K + approx. 20 obstacles) Please Note: Spartan Sprint Registration is NOT included in Fleet Feet's program fee. We'll send Fleet Feet & Intrepid's TEAM FEARLESS participants race & registration info.
THANKS TO A GREAT TURN OUT, CLASS IS FULL!
Info Meeting: Tuesday, March 27th, 7pm @ Fleet Feet
- Meet the Coach & Mentor Team
- Discuss program format & special event dates
- Hear testimonials & inspirational "Spartan" stories
TRAINING DATES April 7th thru May 30th, 2018
- KICK-OFF & INFO NIGHT
- Wednesday, April 4th, 6:30pm at Fleet Feet
- Review program details, meet our coaches and ask your questions.
- TWO COACHED WORKOUTS EACH WEEK
- Wednesdays, 6:15pm to 7pm at Intrepid Gym, 8 Hartley Street, Montclair
- Saturdays, 8:00am at Fleet Feet and Brookdale Park
- To get more physically fit, step outside of your comfort zone and get mentally stronger!
- Experienced coaches to prepare you for the mental and physical challenges of an obstacle course race
- Obstacle specific training, including rope & wall climbs, spear throwing, atlas stone carries, monkey bars, and more!
- Training schedule includes at-home strength workouts with minimal equipment
- Exclusive Fleet Feet discounts & shopping events
- Improved overall fitness
- IRON Physical Therapy Screening and Clinic:
- Functional Movement Screening: Gain understanding of your own muscular strengths & needs
- Injury Prevention Clinic for strength training
- Nutrition Clinic
- E-mail support from coaching staff
- Participants get the unique experience to compete as a Team at the Spartan Race
SUGGESTED ACTIVITY LEVEL PRIOR TO START OF TRAINING
- Run/Walk 30 minutes, 3 times a week
- Lift 20 lbs
- Medical clearance strongly recommended, especially if you have previous or current injuries/conditions
- Cost: $199
- Registration fee does not include race entry fee; Register for the Spartan Race by joining "Team Fearless." Info regarding team sign-up will be sent once course registration fee is paid.
- For those 18 years or older (age 14-17 with parent participation)
- There are no exchanges, refunds, or transfers at any time
- 25 person class size limit
Obstacle Course Race Training More Info »
Info Mtg. - Tuesday, March 27th @ 7pm - Fleet Feet; Kick Off Mtg. - Wednesday, April 4, 2018 @ 7pm; First Training Session: Saturday, April 7, 2018
Twice weekly workouts: Wednesdays (at Intrepid Gym) and Saturdays (at Fleet Feet or Brookdale Park depending on the schedule)
Tri-State New York Sprint Spartan, Tuxedo, NY
8-week training program geared towards a sprint-distance Spartan obstacle course race. Training consists of running, skill practice and functional training.