Do You Feel the Need for Speed?
Incorporating speed training into your workout is a beneficial way to improve fitness and teach the legs to turnover more quickly, all while mixing up weekly running mileage. Eight-week group sessions range from 1 to 4 miles and focus on form drills, dynamic warm ups and various speed workouts. The speed training class may be geared toward the runner who wants to improve his or her 5K, 10K, half marathon or full marathon time.
SPRING PROGRAM - Speed Training For Beginners
- Training Dates: April 24 - June 12, 2018
- Workout Time: Tuesdays, 6:00 am
- Location: Brookdale Park track, Montclair/Bloomfield
- Cost: $80 - class size will be capped at 20 participants
- Suggested level of activity: Participants should be running a total weekly mileage of 8 to 10 miles per week consistently for 2 months prior to class.
SUMMER PROGRAM - Intermediate Level Speed Training
- Training Dates: June 26 - August 14, 2018
- Workout Time: Tuesdays from 7:00 - 8:00 pm. (Class may conclude at 8:15 pm. as workout intensity increases.)
- Prior to class include 15 minutes to warm up on your own.
- Prompt 7:00 pm. starting time
- 40-45 minutes of workout includes stretches, strides and speed drills - We pick up where the introductory class left off.
- Location: Foley Field in Bloomfield, New Jersey
- Cost: $80.00
- Class size will be capped at 40 participants.
- Suggested level of activity: Participants should be running a total weekly mileage of 15 to 20 miles per week consistently for 2 months prior to the start of class.
Program Start: Tuesday, June 26th @ 7pm
Program Schedule: Tuesdays, June 26 - August 14, 2018 @ Foley Field, Bloomfield
Program Fee: $80.00
Description: 8-week speed clinic program to help improve your level of fitness - Sessions will challenge runners with an intermediate level workout, including warm up, dynamic stretching and cool down.