The Half Marathon distance is the gateway to endurance running! We've added a 10-week Spring Half Marathon Training Program to our agenda this year. We'll prepare runners for their first endurance event and give seasoned racers a spring opportunity to meet new performance goals. Get ready to be trained, educated, and moved to successfully and comfortably cross the 13.1 mile finish line. Training will start with a distance of 4 miles and build up over the course of the program. Our goal race is the Superhero Half Marathon on Sunday, May 19, 2019.
WORKOUT TIMES | LOCATIONS
Training Months March - May
- Kick Off Info Meeting:
- Monday, February 25th - 7:00pm, Fleet Feet
- First Long Run Training for Registered Participants:
- Saturday, March 9th, 7:30am, Fleet Feet Montclair
- First Interval Training for Registered Participants:
- Tuesday, March 12th, 6:30pm, Brookdale Park
Two Weekly Training Sessions
- Short Runs & Interval Training
- Tuesdays, 6:30pm, Brookdale Park
- Longer Training Runs
- Saturdays, 7:30am, Fleet Feet Montclair
- Written beginner and intermediate training schedules
- Coached group training sessions
- Educational seminars:
- Foam Rolling & Recovery Workshop - Date TBA
- Nutrition Workshop - Monday, March 11 at 7:00pm at Fleet Feet
- Energy replacement and water at workouts
- Weekly informational e-mail updates and training information
- Private Facebook page
- Race registration discount code
- Race day support
- Fleet Feet Running Club Swag
- 10% discount on in-store purchases during the program
- Special recovery package offers at Beyond Cryotherapy
SUGGESTED ACTIVITY LEVEL PRIOR TO START OF TRAINING
We strongly suggest that all participants be consistently running three miles comfortably 4 days per week for a 3-month consecutive period prior to training kickoff.
Please note that entering the program under-conditioned may increase the likelihood of injury. At Fleet Feet our goal is to get you to the starting line feeling healthy and ready to conquer your goal.
Safety blinking lights and reflective gear are required for all Tuesday night runs.
- Cost: $185
- *PROGRAM FEE DOES NOT INCLUDE RACE REGISTRATION
- No refunds after program start date
IMPORTANT RACE LOGISTICS
- Superhero Half Marathon - Sunday, May 19th, Morristown, NJ at 8:30am
- Race Day Packet Pick-up - Saturday, May 18th, 10:00am to 6:00pm, Parisi Speed School, 111 Madison Avenue, Morristown, NJ
PLEASE NOTE THAT USE OF HEADPHONES IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED DURING ALL FLEET FEET ORGANIZED GROUP RUN SESSIONS!
Spring Half Marathon Training Program More Info »
Monday, February 25, 2019, 7:00pm - Kick Off Meeting @ Fleet Feet
Saturday, March 9, 2019, 7:30am - Long Run Training Sessions from Fleet Feet; Tuesdays, March 12, 2019, 6:30PM - Short Interval Training Sessions at Brookdale Park
Superhero Half Marathon - Sunday, May 19th
$185 - Does not include race day registration
The Half Marathon Training Program is a 10-week program specifically designed to prepare runners for their first endurance event and/or help seasoned runners meet a new performance goal.