SPONSORED BY SAUCONY AND FLEET FEET!
Get dirty on the trails with Fleet Feet Sports! This 6-week introductory program will get you acquainted with different trails in the area. Learn the twists and turns, ups and downs of trail running and become more comfortable with off-road terrain. Group sessions will include methods to help avoid injuries, tips on how to stretch and recover from sore muscles, hydration, trail safety and runs from 2 – 4 miles on local trails.
The trail running program is geared toward runners who are looking to branch out and try something new and different within their weekly running routine. Coaches may adjust the level of difficulty based upon participants' trail running experience.
CONGRATS ON A GREAT CLASS 2016 TRAIL RUNNERS! Check out this link for some great photos!
TRAIL RUN=DIRTY FUN WORKOUT TIMES | LOCATIONS
- 2017 Training dates: June 8, 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13
- Thursdays from 6:30 – 7:30 PM at various Essex County Trails. Trail locations are announced in the weekly emails.
- Coach led trail runs and drills
- Clinics covering good form running, strength training, injury prevention and more
- Weekly communication
- Wilderness safety tips by Park Ranger Mick
- Water and Nuun at sessions
- Fleet Feet Dirty Run tech shirt
SUGGESTED ACTIVITY LEVEL PRIOR TO START OF PROGRAM
Because of the more challenging nature of trail running, participants should currently be running a minimum of 3 to 4 days per week with a total weekly mileage of 9 miles or more.
- REGISTRATION OPEN SOON!
- Cost: $60.00
- NO REFUNDS after the first session. There are no exchanges or transfers at any time.
- Registration is limited to the first 20 participants who sign up.
Introduction to Trail Running More Info »
Program Start: Thursday, June 8, 2017
Program Schedule: Thursdays, 6:30 - 7:30 PM @ various Essex County Trails
Program Fee: $60
Description: This 6-week introductory program (June 8 thru July 13) acquaints participants with the twists and turns, ups and downs of trail running and encourages runner to become more comfortable with off-road terrain. Group sessions will include methods to help avoid injuries, tips on how to stretch and recover from sore muscles, hydration, trail safety and runs from 2 – 4 miles on local trails.