Get dirty on the trails with Fleet Feet Sports! This 6-week introductory program will get you acquainted with different trails in the area. Learn the twists and turns, ups and downs of trail running and become more comfortable with off-road terrain. Group sessions will include methods to help avoid injuries, tips on how to stretch and recover from sore muscles, hydration, trail safety and runs from 2 – 4 miles on local trails.
The trail running program is geared toward runners who are looking to branch out and try something new and different within their weekly running routine. Coaches may adjust the level of difficulty based upon participants' trail running experience.
TRAIL RUN=DIRTY FUN WORKOUT TIMES | LOCATIONS
- 2017 Training dates: June 8, 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13 THIS CLASS IS CURRENTLY IN SESSION!
- Thursdays from 6:30 – 7:30 PM at various Essex County Trails. Trail locations are announced in the weekly emails.
- Coach led trail runs and drills
- Clinics covering good form running, strength training, injury prevention and more
- Weekly communication
- Wilderness safety tips by Park Ranger Mick
- Water and Nuun at sessions
- Fleet Feet Dirty Run tech shirt
- Saucony Peregrine trail shoe wear test on June 29th
- Program-end celebration event on July 13th
SUGGESTED ACTIVITY LEVEL PRIOR TO START OF PROGRAM
Because of the more challenging nature of trail running, participants should currently be running a minimum of 3 to 4 days per week with a total weekly mileage of 9 miles or more.
- REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!
- Cost: $60.00
- NO REFUNDS after the first session. There are no exchanges or transfers at any time.
- Registration is limited to the first 20 participants who sign up.
Introduction to Trail Running More Info »
Program Start: ex: Sunday, January 18th, 6:00pm
Program Fee: ex: $100 excluding race fee
Description: Sponsored by Saucony, this 6-week introductory program (June 8 thru July 13) acquaints participants with the twists and turns, ups and downs of trail running and encourages runner to become more comfortable with off-road terrain. Group sessions will include methods to help avoid injuries, tips on how to stretch and recover from sore muscles, hydration, trail safety and runs from 2 – 4 miles on local trails.