Get dirty on the trails with Fleet Feet Sports! This 6-week introductory program will get you acquainted with different trails in the area. Learn the twists and turns, ups and downs of trail running and become more comfortable with off-road terrain. Group sessions will include methods to help avoid injuries, tips on how to stretch and recover from sore muscles, hydration, trail safety and runs from 2 – 4 miles on local trails. Our final session will include a "simulated" trail race event complete with a flagged 5k course, time clock, finish line festivities, raffles and FUN!
The trail running program is geared toward runners who are looking to branch out and try something new and different within their weekly running routine. Coaches may adjust the level of difficulty based upon participants' trail running experience.
TRAIL RUN = DIRTY FUN WORKOUT TIMES | LOCATIONS
- Program Dates: Thursdays - June 7th thru July 12th
- 6:30 – 7:30 PM at various Essex County Trails. Trail locations are announced in the weekly emails.
- Coach led trail runs and drills
- Clinics covering good form running, strength training, injury prevention and more
- Weekly communication
- Wilderness safety tips by Park Ranger Mick
- Water and Nuun at sessions
- Fleet Feet Dirty Run tech shirt
- Program-end "simulated" 5k trail race and celebration!
SUGGESTED ACTIVITY LEVEL PRIOR TO START OF PROGRAM
Because of the more challenging nature of trail running, participants should currently be running a minimum of 3 to 4 days per week with a total weekly mileage of 9 miles or more.
- NO REFUNDS after the first session.
- Registration is limited to the first 25 participants who sign up.