Half Crazy - Half Marathon Training Program
Sponsored by Fleet Feet Sports and Saucony
The 12-week Half Marathon Training Program prepares runners for their first endurance event and helps seasoned racers meet a new performance goal. Get ready to be trained, educated, and moved to successfully and comfortably cross the 13.1 mile finish line. Training will start with a distance of 3 to 4 miles and build up over the course of the program.
The Half Crazy Half Marathon Training Program gears you up for the TRENTON HALF MARATHON
Saturday, October 29, 2016. Participants may choose other half marathons within the same time frame.
WORKOUT TIMES | LOCATIONS
Training Months August - October
- Kick Off Info Meeting: CURRENTLY UNDERWAY
- Class will NOT BE HELD on Labor Day weekend, Saturday, September 3rd.
- First Interval Training for Registered Participants: Tuesday, August 9th, 6:45 p.m.
- @ Brookdale Park - meeting at the lower parking lot by the track
Two Weekly Training Sessions
- Short Runs & Interval Training
- Tuesdays, 6:30 p.m., BROOKDALE PARK
- Written beginner and intermediate training schedules
- Coached group training sessions
- Special shopping opportunities
- Four education seminars covering nutrition, cross-training, race preparation, injury prevention and more
- Saucony technical training shirt
- Energy replacement and water at workouts
- Weekly informational e-mail updates and training information
- Weekly discussions on proper form, fueling, pacing, stretching and more
- Private Facebook page
- Race day support
- End of program party
SUGGESTED ACTIVITY LEVEL PRIOR TO START OF TRAINING
All participants should be consistently running three miles comfortably at least 3-4 days per week.
QUESTIONS? Please e-mail email@example.com
- Cost: $160.00
- Program fee does not include race registration
- No refunds after program start date
What Participants Are Saying
"First of all, thanks for coming out to support us on race day. It was really encouraging to see you cheering us on. I really needed it on the last mile too. Secondly, thanks for the past few months. This program was pretty much exactly what I was hoping for. I'm so glad I joined. You guys did a great job. I loved your enthusiasm." - Brian L. 2013 Fall Half Marathon Participant
"Thanks for another great training program. I did well by my personal standards. I am finally below the 11 minute mile mark! Thank you again for your programs. You guys are awesome coaches. I can't believe I have improved from a 12:48 minute mile when I ran the Long Branch half marathon in 2012 before joining the half marathon training program that fall for Philly half marathon where I ran 11:21 minute miles. Then, I joined the spring half marathon training program, 2 speed training programs, and this fall half marathon training program. My pace dropped to 11:13 minute per mile at the Staten Island half marathon and then 10:49 at Trenton! This may be slow for my age level but my legs have become stronger. I am proud to say I am 44 and a mother of 2 boys and was never a runner." - Doinks, 2013 Fall Half Marathon Training Program
"I never thought I would run a half marathon. Never. I was "satisfied with running 3 miles each time I went out. Then one day I had a friend who talked me into doing a half marathon. I had no clue how I was going to do it until I saw a flyer for this training program at Fleet Feet. I didn't know a soul when I started but by the time I was done I came away with a great group of friends, tons of knowledge, and the ability to RUN 13.1 MILES WITHOUT STOPPING!! Definitely worth it. Thanks Fleet Feet!!!" - Tanya Marks, 2011 Spring Half Marathon Training
Tuesdays Short Interval Training: 2017 TBA
Trenton Half Marathon
$160 excluding race fee
The Half Marathon Training Program is a 12 week program specifically designed to prepare runners for their first endurance event and/or help seasoned runners meet a new performance goal.